Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup Venues
Estadio Mane Garrincha
City: Brasilia (capital)
Clubs: Brasiliense Futebol Clube
Current Capacity: 45, 200
Record Attendance: 51,000
The Estadio Mane Garrincha was built and opened in 1974 and is owned by the Department of Sports, Physical Education and Recreation of Distrito Federal. The Stadium was named after the Brazilian legend Garrincha who starred for Brazil in the 1958 and 1962 World Cup triumphs. Garrincha played 50 times for Brazil and is rated as Brazil’s second greatest player behind Pele. The stadium opened with a match between Brazilian heavyweights Corinthians and local side CEUB which resulted in a 2-1 win for the more famous club. The Stadium was home to Brasiliense Futebol Clube from 1996 – 2003.