Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup Venues
Estadio Orlando Scarpelli
Clubs: Figueirense Futebol Clube
Current Capacity: 19,908
Record Attendance: 16,842
The Estadio Orlando Carpelli opened in 1961. Construction on the stadium began in 1940 and took twenty one years to build. It is named after former club president, Carpelli, who donated the land to enable the stadium to be built. The first match after construction was completed took place between Figueirense and Aletico Catarinense. The home side struggled and was beaten by four goals to nil. The record Attendance of 16,842 was set when the home side faced Vasco de Gama and drew 0-0. The stadium became all-seater in 2005.