The 2026 FIFA World Cup is just around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to place your bets!
Table of Contents
Top Betting Sites
Check out these top betting sites for the latest FIFA match odds, in-depth player analyses:
- Thunderpick – Accepts Australians, Canadians & USA residents (Delaware, New Jersey Prohibited)
- Cloudbet – Top bitcoin & crypto esports platform (USA, UK and Singapore Prohibited).
- Luckbox – Recommended for Australia & New Zealand (UK, Canada, USA Prohibited).
- GG.bet – Most recommended option for Canadian punters(Australia, US, UK Prohibited)
- 22Bet – Best pick if you’re from Singapore or Canada (USA, UK, & Australia Prohibited).
Top World Cup betting prospects for 2026
2026’s World Cup is sure to be an exciting one, with the championships split across multiple stadiums in three different countries:
- Estadio Azteca, Mexico City (Mexico)
- MetLife Stadium, New York/New Jersey (USA)
- AT&T Stadium, Dallas (USA)
- Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City(USA)
- NRG Stadium, Houston (USA)
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta (USA)
- SoFi Stadium, California (USA)
- Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia (USA)
- Lumen Field, Seattle (USA)
- Levi’s Stadium, San Francisco Bay Area (USA)
- Gillete Stadium, Boston (USA)
- Hard Rock Stadium, Miami (USA)
- BC Place, Vancouver (Canada)
- Estadio BBVA, Monterrey (Mexico)
- Estadio Akron, Guardalajara (Mexico)
- BMO Field, Toronto (Canada)
Many punters are interested in Argentina’s chances. Their historic record and dynamic play might just give them that winning edge!
Past FIFA World Cup Winners
- 2022 – Argentina
- 2018 – France
- 2014 – Germany
- 2010 – Spain
- 2006 – Italy
- 2002 – Brazil
- 1998 – France
- 1994 – Brazil
- 1990 – West Germany
- 1986 – Argentina
- 1982 – Italy
- 1978 – Argentina
- 1974 – West Germany
- 1970 – Brazil
- 1966 – England
- 1962 – Brazil
- 1958 – Brazil
- 1954 – West Germany
- 1950 – Uruguay
- 1938 – Italy
- 1934 – Italy
- 1930 – Uruguay
Popular FIFA World Cup Betting Options
World Cup Moneyline
Sportsbooks typically offer three-way options to bettors – win, draw or lose. Many will only provide a two team option when it comes time for the tournament due to needing an outright winner from each game. This means you have just two choices: Will you pick the favored side? Or go all out and back underdogs who could be up for huge rewards if their side emerges victorious? The decisions are yours.
World Cup Spread Betting
A popular way to place bets is with goal line spreads. Let’s take for instance France and Argentina’s recent matchup at the 2018 FIFA World Cup Final. Fans could participate by betting on either side to win or lose by just 1 goal difference between them -1/+1 . (i.e. privileged France needed a two-goal lead). Betting under this rule gives an interesting twist and extra edge beyond traditional wagers!
Over/Under or Totals Betting
Totals betting provides an opportunity to predict whether combined scores for both teams will exceed or fall short of oddsmaker’s set lines. Be sure you make your prediction carefully – every half-point counts.
FIFA World Cup Futures
Bookmakers publish their odds years in advance. It gives players ample opportunity to bet with potentially huge payouts after the end of the tournament and the victory of one of the teams. As a general rule, the defending champions are ranked first until we move on to the qualifying rounds. However due to the fact that they are only held every four years, teams can perform wildly differently from year to year. So predicting back-to-back winners can be difficult.